Top Restaurant Trends for 2020
Plant –based everything, eco-friendly packaging, revamped classic cocktails, healthy bowls, zero waste and much more. Six hundred professional chefs in 12 food and beverage categories were surveyed to identify top trends.
The What’s Hot survey was conducted by the National Restaurant Association in November – December 2019.
Top 10 overall restaurant trends for 2020
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Scratch made
- Plant-based proteins
- Healthy bowls
- Creativity with catering
- Delivery-friendly menu items
- Revamped classic cocktails
- Stress relievers (ingredients that promote relaxation/relieve stress)
- Specialty burger blends (mushroom-beef burgers, etc.)
- Unique beef and pork cuts